About

Welcome to my Blog! I am just a twelve year old kid thats concerned about the way our country is going. This is my journal of what I do to try to prepare for the coming storm. Please join me in my effort to Survive and Thrive!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Fighting Utility Knife Review

I received a ‘G.I. Style Marine Corps Combat Knife’ from http://www.campingsurvival.com/ back in July of 09. I sharpened it to a shaving edge and put it through the following tests.

First I batoned through a half inch thick piece of cedar, it took about five seconds to get through.
Next I batoned through an inch thick piece of pine wood in about twenty five seconds.
I decided to see how it did at chopping, so I broke out some big wood. It took one minute to chop through an inch and a half of cedar.
It took a good six minutes to chop through two inch’s of solid oak wood.

I write this in February of 2010, in the six months since I got it, it has chopped through countless types of wood, served as a pry-bar, dug holes and sliced fruit. After months of abuse the guard has come loose and wiggles when you chop with it, but other than that its still in good shape. I recommend it as a hardwearing, throw down knife, good for everyday utility use and chopping.


Manufacturer: http://www.campingsurvival.com/
Model: GI Style Fighting/Utility Knife
Blade: 7”, clip point
Handle: Brown Leather
Overall: 12”
Genre: Fighting, utility, chopping
Made in: Taiwan

No comments:

Post a Comment